Milkshape 3D 1.8.5
Q-Mesh SIMS 3 Geom plugins for Milkshape
Photoshop or GIMP
Optional if you know how to edit UV mapping in milkshape or other software
geom plugin for blender 2.63
I supposed you already know......
1. how to export, import files in s3pe and s4pe.
2. how to setup the plugins for Milkshape, Blender and Photoshop.
3. how to import, export geom files in Blender and Milkshape.
4. the basic operation of Blender and Milkshape.
Here we go~~~
1. Use s3pe to export the geom of all LODs and textures.
2. Clone any one of the hair in S4CasTools.
3. Switch to Package Mesh Import/Export, export LOD0, 0_1, 0_2 to S3 package.
Which are used as combination with different hats or no hats. You may import them into Milkshape or Blender to see which one is for.
4. Open Blender 2.63, import the S3 hair geom. Select the hair and enter Edit mode by pressing TAB. Then press A to select all the vertex.
*** If you know how to edit UV mapping in 3DS or other software, you can use milkshape to import geom and export obj (or other format), then edit the UV mapping in your software.***
5. Switch to UV mode.
6. Create a new image and set the width to 1024 and height to 2048.
7. In TS4, we can use only the upper-left 1/8 part (512x512 px) for hair texture so here we need to change the UV size to that region.
Select all the UV by pressing A, and change the size and position to that place.
You can use keyboard S to scale and G to move.
8. Export UV layout. We'll need it to re-locate the texture.
(You can edit your texture then import into blender then adjust the UV mapping to match the texture....whatever)
9. Back to 3D view and export the edited mesh back to geom. If there's no error message, congratulations!!!
However, you may encounter errors in this step with lots of S3 CCs. If this happens, export it to OBJ files.
10. Now open Milkshape. First import the S4>S3 hair then import the obj file.
11. Copy all the comment content of hair geom into obj item's comment.
***Important!!! Otherwise it will crash your game.***
12. Delete the S4 hair geom. Re-assign vertex to the bone. Then export it back to S3 geom format.
13. Back to S4CasTools, convert it to S4 format.
Do NOT choose S4 geom as reference.
14. Import it back to the package then save.
15. Resize your texture and alpha, and recolor....blahblah...Then import it into the package in s4pe.
16. In s4pe, find the geom you imported. Click Grid and change the shader to SimGlass if you need transparency on the hair.
17. Test it in game.
18. Do as the same for other LODs. Cut out or shrink some vertex for Hat-compatible for LODx and LODx_1 subtypes. This one can be the most difficult part though...
And you're done with an S3 hair.
Remember: SimGlass shader still have some see-through issues....